Monday, June 9, 2014

Squam Arts Workshops

Wow, what a weekend!  Here are some pictures from Squam Arts Workshops Spring 2014.

Getting ready to leave:




My Cabin:


View from the Lake


View from the Lake, on our private dock.


One of the two twin bedrooms.  There was also a single room in the cabin as well, sleeping 5.


Cabin's private dock


Cabin Living Room


Me and my cabin mates.  From the left:
Me, Carolyn, Jill, Pat, Martina

Yarn Bombing is when yarn-related items are used in unusual ways, like to wrap around ordinary objects, such as canoes - here is a Canoe Cosy:

More Yarn Bombing scattered all around camp.










I made these owls and added them to someone else's beautiful scene; I hope they weren't too upset, but Squam is all about mellow.



The beautiful sunlight scene that I added the owls to.

I had a class with Franklin Habit; I took his picture, but I don't know if he'd be OK with me posting it or not, so I'll wait until I can ask if it's OK. 

I loved his class, and here's an example of what we accomplished in the morning - Mosaic Knitting.

I was so busy with homework for my Nancy Bush class that I didn't get a chance to take a picture with her.  I'm sorry about that, but I really enjoyed her class (even with the homework), and look forward to taking another class with her again.


There was lots of contemplation around the lake.  If you recognize yourself in any of these pictures (hello you from Greenwood Lodge), please contact me via Ravlery and I can get you a high quality image file.








People stood in line waiting for the Art Fair to open.


Sadly, it had to end

Now tomorrow, it's back to work!


4 comments:

  1. We loved the owls in the Garden, no worries there!

    So glad you liked the rest of the yarnbombing, and super glad you had a great trip to Squam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill, I think that might be me sitting cross-legged on the dock with a rock in the lake on the left hand side of the photo. Did you take it on Friday around dinner time? I would love to print a copy of it with your permission if it's me.
    Thanks, Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fiona

      That picture was taken at Friday, ‎June ‎06, ‎2014, ‏‎8:37:42 AM - if you think it's you let me know and I'll send you an electronic copy.

      Delete
    2. Hi Jill, thanks for getting back to me. If it's the morning, I don't think it's me - thanks for checking anyway. It was lovely to see your photos of Squam :)

      Delete