Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mid-Week Day Off!

For some reason this week, I decided I HAD to have a day off from work.  Tuesday weather was to be in the 50's so Tuesday it was.

I got a lot done that day, but one thing I did was bake a set of home-made cinnamon rolls.

I used the Fast Easy Bread Kit:
 

The plastic container on the left is filled with the yeast from the open bag.

It was easy to make the dough, dump ingredients into mixer bowl, add water, mix on dough hook for 5 minutes (basically walk away!).  Really easy!

Then I filled and rolled the rolls, cut them and put them into the baking dish.  I used my Mom's recipe for the filling (spread with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon, add brown sugar).


I tried to remember the recipe for the yummy goo in the bottom of the pan (which ends up on the top of the cinnamon rolls), but I got something wrong, as that yummy stuff on top should be smooth and gooey, and these turned out a bit on the sugary (gritty) side.  So not all the sugar dissolved or melted.

Totally still completely edible, and delicious!

35 minutes later (which was longer than they suggested to cook), here is the result.



You need to turn these out of the pan ASAP after they come out of the oven.  Here is the yummy side.

I probably shouldn't admit this, but after 1 day, there are only 2 of these babies left!  They are delicious, and we've already decided we want to make them again this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment